kat-biz.jpg

Kat recently did a cover shoot and interview for the UK magazine Bizarre. I cannot say I would ever have a desire to pick this up, so check out a few excerpts from the interview right here….

Bizarre – You have almost ten tattoos of your recent ex, Orbie’s name. Are you going to cover them up or change them?

Kat – Change them to Morbid’, duh. No, I I’ll keep them. My first tattoo was an Olde English J’ on my ankle for my first love, James, and I’d never cover that shit up. I have lots of people’s names on me and it’s not so much like, “Oh, I’m gonna regret my ex-husband’s name on my neck,” it’s more like a time in my life that I don’t regret. I don’t regret my divorce either. I’ll rock it forever.

Bizarre – (Margera) told me a story about you throwing glasses at Metal Skool [Local LA faux-hair metal band that plays The Viper].
Kat – Yeah, he always puts that in my face and it pisses me off because it’s not like he hasn’t pissed on the floor when he’s sleeping at my house. God! I was drunk and I used to drink a lot of vodka and at the time I was married and was working out and had lost a lot of weight and I’d be drinking full glasses of vodka. Just pound them and throw them into the crowd from the mezzanine. One time I threw a glass into the crowd and my wedding ring flew into the crowd. My husband was on Warped Tour for two months and told myself I had 2 months to buy a new wedding ring but I procrastinated and never got one and got busted.

It gets worse…..only read on if you don’t mind some crap language.

Bizarre – What has been the worst part of this mainstream notoriety?

Kat - The worst part has been how much respect I’ve lost in the tattoo world. It doesn’t matter how hard I try there are always going to be people that hate me and what I do. The majority of it is the tattoo industry having the wrong idea about what I’m driven by, thinking I’m making a mockery of tattooing. All the hard work I’ve put in over the years to gain that respect went out the window now that I’m on TV.

Bizarre - Do you ever get into your pyjamas and do dances of joy on your bed when you get the ratings for your show back?
Kat – Ha. No, I don’t jump around and dance. As long as the overall ratings say we’re doing good, that’s what’s important. I’m definitely not driven by competition. I didn’t get my own show to say, “Fuck you,” to Miami. Deep down inside I wish them the best.

Bizarre – No you don’t.
Kat – Yeah, I do. I don’t want their show to do better than my show but I don’t wish them any harm. But I do know our rating got triple of what theirs ever got.

Bizarre – But you’re not counting.
Kat - No. But the three months prior to the premiere I was super depressed because I worked my ass off and then they didn’t air the show right away but it finally aired and my agent called and said, “Kat, you’re the most watched show for your time slot and you have triple the amount of viewers Miami Ink ever had.” It wasn’t even so much a fuck you to Ami, it was more like all that depression was worth something.

Bizarre – And you made something good. It’s fun to watch. Miami Ink was always…
Kat – …Monotonous and repetitive. The guys weren’t willing to involve their real life in the show so everything was so forced and produced. Whereas I promised myself, aside from my divorce, I would talk about anything. People can relate to you more when you’re real and open and show your imperfections. Our show is more rock n roll and fun and honest. I don’t have any control over what is edited and there is definitely some footage out there where I’m wasted out of my mind, crying and really talking about gnarly shit. Thank God they didn’t use it. But they had the option to.

The interview is mostly excplict and raunchy, and I would guess the mag itself is worse, view the online version here if you dare…..

Comments

17 Comments so far

1. KARVE on May 1, 2008 11:00 am

Oh my lord I cannot believe what I just read! What a repulsive ugly bitch! Von D needs to die. in . A. Fire. Do us all a favor! Change Orbi’s name to…Morbid? Listen WHORE you’re the one who left HIM for some asshole, washed up jagoff who’s going to abuse you, okay. So have fun with that! You’re a waste of flesh.

Plus, everyone is starting to hate Von D..so her ratings are going to fall. She’ll get what’s coming to her…on a fookin’ hot platter.

2. stan on May 1, 2008 11:06 am

I can’t believe she said Miami INK is repetative. HULLO! Does she know what respected artists and people are saying about HER show? They’re saying it’s a show that should only last 10 minutes but is stretched out to fill an hour. Plus, most of the guys watched it for Pixie anyway. Her show drags..it’s like watching a small animal die slowly. Noone cares about her, her raspy voice and her stupid life’s drama! People watched Miami INK for the art and yes that can get repetative but at least, in the end, they’ll go out with dignity and respect and she’ll be known as a flighty racist pig.

she promised herself she’d talk about anything?? Sure, Yeah..because she’s an attention whore and everyone is really starting to dislike her now. She’s shown her true colors and people are turning on her faster than a cheetah running.

xoxo

3. Gothcat on May 3, 2008 2:58 am

Although she has some bad press right now,and despite the fact that she is a strong character and is still very young and developing herself,
    Kat is undeniably a brilliant artist,and her determination to succeed is admirable.
    I know shes done things in a full on way,but that is who she is.
    I for one love Kat Von D and I hope she gets through this life without too many scars.
    May her dedication to her fantastic artistic talent never waver in the limelight she has created for herself.Rock on.

4. skullnbones on May 3, 2008 11:40 am

Kat’s talent is way overrated. There are far too many 100x more brilliant artists than she is and are going unnoticed. Most of her portraits are all the same and lack any life or rawness. I’m not a big fan of her portrait work. Her talent seems pretty limited.

Why, may I ask, would you like a phoney like KatVon d? Have you not realized yet that her entire persona is a fake? She’s not this cool and down to earth chick she presents herself to be, obviously. She is a crazy liar.

5. poison13 on May 5, 2008 3:01 pm

This interview already ran in Inked magazine in December.

6. skullnbones on May 6, 2008 4:14 pm

she’s making aids and cancer jokes now in that interview poison posted? What a fucking whore bag slut. She probably does have HIV. She fucks everything that moves. And she needs to imagine she’s a real hot girl cuz in reality she’s fuggly as sin-that’s why she fucks everyone. Fat ugly girls are easy. Ah well, I can’t wait until Nikki physically abuses her or pulls a gun on her like he always does to his chicks.

7. Sim on May 7, 2008 9:43 pm

Miami Ink is a million times better than LA Ink. Thank God Pixie left! And isn’t it already so obvious that she is trying to send a message to Ami, telling him that her show is doing better? She implied it like what, ten times throughout the interview? Jeez. What a phony.

8. rain on October 17, 2008 2:42 pm

KATS AN AMAZING PERSON HER WORKS IS AMAZING AND YES SHES MADE SOME BAD DECISIONS BUT SHE LEARNS FROM THEM AND CONTINUES TO GROW. I LOVEW HER AND THE REST OF THE HIGH VOLTAGE CREW

9. Sara suicide on January 5, 2009 1:23 pm

omg why is everyone writing some mean bullshit?shes being honest, so why is that so wrong. just cuz its in a interview dosent mean she has to sugar coat shit. and thats bullshit about guys only watched it for pixie. no matter how succesful you get people will always hate

10. Mia on January 16, 2009 2:58 pm

WHAT THE F EVER!!

She is a tool.
    This article is glorifying the fact that she is a two faced piece of shit waste of space ..
    This self righteous bi*ch is going to get whats coming to her and I hope the door hits her ass on the way out.. she is a tired wanna be and I hope Nikki wakes up and tells her to take a flying leap into oncoming traffic.

11. Jake on April 22, 2009 2:10 pm

Kat = overrated. Period.

12. PINK90 on July 24, 2009 8:23 am

I think everyone just needs to calm it down..kat has an amazing talent and should support her…im hopeing to get a tattoo done by her soon and i will be the judge of her bein a nice or nasty person,btu from wat i know she seems nice….people just need 2 get used 2 her sence of humour and leave her alone!!! and jake u just need 2 grow up tbh!!!!!

13. NAte on November 10, 2009 3:25 pm

KAT VON D SUCKS ASS AND EVERYONE HATES HER! She makes the same stupid fat ugly face in every fucking photo shoot I’ve ever seen her in. As far as tattoos go she’s medeocre at best. She’s overrated and over-hyped, I never want to see her in a fucking metal magazine again. For the past few months you open a Revolver and you have to look at her fat ugly face. Fat or Skinny she’s still FUGLY

14. Kalina on February 16, 2010 6:23 pm

Is everyone here serious? Kat Von D is amazing. She has done way more with her life than anyone here, maybe you should read her book and see where she started and what she’s all about.

15. kat von d on March 13, 2010 12:05 pm

Kat Von D is Great, Stop hating on her, why be jealous…

16. mecheetoz on March 31, 2010 11:27 pm

haha you people have nothing better to do than talk shit about sucessfull people like her. How pathetic. Most likely your just jealous and you probably want to be her. she makes the same amount of mistakes as every single one of you assholes. nobody is making your ass watch the show so shut the hell up.

17. BlueJay Reinhardt on April 9, 2010 8:23 am

y would you copy an inteview that’s already in “Inked Magazine”?…Frikin IDIOTS!!!!!

Name (required)